Thursday, 23 May 2013
10.00 – 11.00 Registration of participants
(“Atrium Hall” – Romanian Banking Institute – Str. Negru Voda nr 3, main entrance)
First part: Inauguration of the photo exhibition “Austrian Dream” by Constantin SEVERIN
Introductory remarks: Dr. Gabriela HÂRŢESCU – General Manager/CEO – Romanian Banking Institute
11.00 – 12.00 Plenary Session
Chaired by Dr. Kurt PUCHINGER – EUSDR Institutional Capacity Area Coordinator – City of Vienna
Moderator: Sever AVRAM – EUSDR International Honorary Chair
Greeting messages from:
- EU Presidency – Embassy of Ireland in Romania
- European Commission
- Institutional Capacity Area Coordinator – City of Vienna
- Embassy of Austria in Romania
- Romanian Parliament
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs – EUSDR National Coordinator
- Romanian Academy
- National Bank of Romania
- EUSDR International Honorary Chair
Questions and discussion.
12.00 – 13.30 Working Section – Project ideas presentations
To relaunch a dynamic and integrated Danubian and coastal tourism: between the “green way” (focused on cruise sector) and the “blue destination” (focused on Black Sea cooperation)
This section will concern the new opportunities for the Danube and sea tourism in the Danube-Black Sea confluence area. In the context of a new Danube Strategy, a lot of changes and opportunities recently are arising. However, also a lot of standardization and compatibility efforts are to be done in order to re-design a profitable cruise sector along the Danube headed for the Danube Delta and the Black Sea coast.
- Rudolf LUKAVSKY – ADVANTAGE AUSTRIA / Embassy of Austria in Romania
- Ioana BIVOLARU – DG European Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (t.b.c.)
- Jamil BENABDALLAH – Detente Consultants (Paris)
- Av. Dumitru BADRAGAN – DCR Attorneys at Law
- Ion MANEA – Mayor of Orsova Municipality (t.b.c.)
- Nicolae CHICHI – General Manager, NAVROM Tulcea (t.b.c.)
- Iolanda MIHALACHE –Partnership for Sustainable Development Association (PartNET)
- Olivia COMSA – CITON
- Dr. Cristiana SIRBU – GIEDD
- Dr. Ionut PURICA – Romanian Academy
Questions and discussion.
13.30 – 14.00
Wine tasting offered by Nádorkert Borház K.F.T. / Velezvin K.F.T.
14.00 PROJECT MARKET PLACE – face-to-face negotiations meetings, established in advance by interested stakeholders/participants.
Friday, 24 May 2013
09.30 – 11.00 Working Section – Project ideas presentations
The opportunities provided by social innovation for tackling youth unemployment and boosting smart investment
The section will comment and debate the ways to use and adapt the Youth Employment Package in the Danube – Black Sea region, especially using the opportunities provided by the Social Innovation Initiative promoted by the European Commission and EUCLID Network. A special focus is given to the possibilities to stimulate the professional mobility of young people through developing major vocational education projects at Danubian scale.
- Filippo ADDARII – EUCLID NETWORK (t.b.c.)
- Prof. Univ. Dr. Carmen COSTEA – Vice-Rector, Spiru Haret University
- Ancuta VAMESU – Institute of Social Economy
- Jürgen RAIZNER – EUSDR Consultative Council (t.b.c.)
- Stephane MEURET – French Chamber of Commerce and Industry
11.00 – 12.00 AWARDING CEREMONY of the Trophies “Black Sea – Danubian Social & Economic Innovator” – 2013
A multinational competition was launched in order to reward the most appealing and effective regional cooperation ideas, initiatives, project and networks, co-financed or to be financed by the European Funds in the Black Sea Basin / Danube Region.
Wine tasting offered by ETHIC WINE
12.00 – 14.00 PROJECT MARKET PLACE – face-to-face negotiations meetings, established in advance by interested stakeholders/participants.
14.00 Optionally, for the European guests, a Study visit to the location of successful Danubian projects could be arranged.