Since the year 2011, according to the new strategy of Macro-region covering 14 Danube river-side states, shortly called EUSDR, we have a clear road-map and a guideliness document. So, we could manage closing the development gaps, including in Romania, partner along with Austria to this large-scale changing project for the 21st century.
This strategy is not a patch project, instead it was designed from the beginning to duplicate the best practices of the Baltic Sea Strategy, in a mosaic-like geographic area, within complex financial packages from joint EU projects, but also by endorsing successful coalition/partnerships for major investments in all major areas: infrastructure, environment, energy, tourism, cultural heritage, institutional reforms etc.
Danube Region Stakeholders Club Meeting
Romanian Banking Institute (3 Negru Voda Str.)
March 7th, 2013 (14.00 - 18.00 hours)
"Administrative-territorial reform and regionalization in Romania: the chance of a European integrated approach linking the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR)"
- proposal for a Position Paper in support of policymakers related to effective correlation of regional reorganization and reform of territorial cooperation through EUSD
Guest of Honor:
- Liviu DRAGNEA (or representative) - Deputy Prime Minister Liviu Dragnea, Minister of Regional Development and Public Administration
- Prof. Napoleon POP - NBR Board Representative
- Prof. Marius Constantin PROFIROIU - Academy of Economic Studies (ASE)
- Prof. Peter PRISECARU - World Economy Institute of the Romanian Academy
- Sever AVRAM – Leader of the “Danube-Black Sea”Action Group
"Internal consultation with stake-holders and corporate members on topics and of the third edition of Black Sea - Danube Regional Network for Social and Economic Innovation"
- priority areas to be proposed coalition projects are: tourism and cruise the Danube to the Black Sea coastal tourism, energy and connectivity, social innovation to tackle youth unemployment.
Guests of Honor:
- David COSTELLO - The representative of the EU Presidency, Embassy of Ireland
- H.E. Ambassador Ms. Kalliopi AVRAAM - Embassy of Cyprus
- H.E. Mr. Ambassador Michael SCHWARZINGER - Embassy of Austria
- Dr. Olivia COMŞA – European Expert
- Dr. Teofil GHERCA – Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration
- Dr. Ionut PURICA – Institute of Economic Forecasting, Romanian Academy
- Dr. Cosmin DUGAN – Representative of Black Sea University Foundation
- Jamil BENABDALLAH – Consultant, Detente Consultants
"Awarding Ceremony: Diplomas of Excellence
Danube Career Woman"
- Anca BARTHA (Business woman)
- Aurelia CRISTEA (Deputy – Parliament of Romania)
- Dana COMSA (CSCBAS Honorary Scientific Researcher)
- Olivia COMSA (EU Expert)
- Maria GRAPINI (Minister-delegate for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Tourism and Business Milieu)
- Brandusa PREDESCU (Minister Plenipotentiary – MFA; EUSDR National Coordinator)
- Mirela ROMAN (Public Relation Specialist – National Bank of Romania)
- Cristiana SIRBU (Executive President - "Initiative Group Environmental and Sustainable Development" Foundation)
- Camelia SPATARU (TV Producer - Giga TV))
- Victoria STOICIU (Programme Director - Friedrich Ebert Foundation Romania)
The awarded personalities of the first edition will receive gift packages from LUSH ROMANIA.
"Networking & lobby. Vin d’honneur"