Establishing the Local Communities along the Danube River Platform in Romania in order to accede the EUSDR financing opportunities, on the occasion of the Anniversary of EUSDR International Honorary Chair (CIO-SUERD)
At the end of the month of October, Romania will host at the headquarters of the Romanian Parliament and of the National Bank the two greatest international events aimed to better position our country on the map of the social-economic recovery, corresponding to the next EU planning period 2014-2020: Annual Danube Forum – second edition and the Financial Danubian Dialogue – third edition.
We take in view the deepest transformational process ever planned for this "Danubian Republic", already involving 14 nations and more than 100 millions inhabitants. It is estimated that these ones will deploy massive project investments in the next 7 years.
In order to better prepare the presence of the Romanian various institutions and companies, as well as for quicker connecting these ones to the emerging consortia, especially for the Technical Axis, and for the major projects in view, with the kind support of the both chambers of the Romanian Parliament, of the Romanian Academy and of the Group of Ecological Initiative and Sustainable Development - GIEDD, CIO-SUERD invite you to attend the Special High Level Meeting for founding the Local Communities along the Danube River Platform in Romania, which will take place at the Palace of the Parliament, on the 26th of September 2013.
Among the main honorary guest of this event we would like to enumerate the High Representative of the EU Presidency of Romania, H.E. Mr. Vladimir JARMOLENKO, Prof. Senator Ecaterina ANDRONESCU, former Minister of Education and Research and Founding Member of the CIO-SUERD Scientific Council, Deputy Florian NICOLAE. In the same time, we mention that this event precedes the EUSDR Entrepreneurial Forum at national level to be held in Giurgiu (further technical details will be provided in due time by the organisers).
On this occasion, the CIO-SUERD will be formally called "Jean BART" Chair, in memory of the highly active Secretary General of the European Commission of Danube and Romanian novelist. Also, in the presence of invited representatives of local communities, universities and relevant NGOs at national level, we plan to establish a permanent Local Communities along the Danube River Platform in Romania, through the inter-connection of the existing and evolving "Competitiveness and Training Centres" at local level.
The International Honorary Chair in support of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (CIO-SUERD) was founded in September 2012, in partnership with the Romanian Academy and with the kind support of the EUSDR national Coordinator Office - Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Official Message on the behalf of the Ministry of Education, presented by Prof. Univ. Dr. Ecaterina ANDRONESCU, Minister and Senator, President of the National Council of Rectors in Romania, on the occasion of the Launching Event of the Honorary International Chair in favour of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region - Senate of Romania, 27 September 2012
Official Launching of the Honorary International Chair in favour of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (CIO-SUERD)
Senate of Romania, Palace of the Parliament, 27 September 2012
National Network of Promoters, Facilitators and Experts for the Implementation of EUSDR
Following the deployment of the launching event, participants from 20 counties already became individual or institutional members of the National Network of Promoters, Facilitators and Experts for the Implementation of EUSDR (PROFEX). They will be the core of the logistic and human energies for the implementation of big projects of technological, economic and social innovation in the Danube Macro-Region.Nominal List
The represented counties are the following:
- CARAS SEVERIN
European Union Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) is a Romanian-Austrian initiative, launched in 2008, adopted in 2011 by the EU Council as the second largest regional strategy at continental level, and as an innovative model for cooperation for a sustainable growth.
Fortunately, all counties in Romania are eligible to receive funding in the future for the practical implementation of this vast program. Therefore, it would be a shame to waste this great opportunity, as it happened in the past, in a great extent, to the Structural Funds. Large areas of activity need European money, Romania focusing mainly on: transport/infrastructure, tourism/heritage, environment/management of emergency situations.
Through the establishment of the "Integrated Development: Danube-Black Sea" Action Group, coordinated by the EUROLINK-House of Europe Foundation, within the Consultative Council for the implementation of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR), under the coordination of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we assumed the mission of contributing decisevly and professionaly to theconsolidation of the interdisciplinary background of the promoters, experts and consultants which work or intent to work in the future, in various priority areas and within the multitude of types of projects for the implementation of EUSDR in Romania, especially in trans-national context.
National Network of Promoters, Facilitators and Experts for the Implementation of EUSDR
By establishing this first nucleus of experts and specialists, we aim expressly to raise awareness of the leaders in the public and private sector for the encouraging of multinational partnerships, formulating pragmatic projects in due time, the improving of the absorbtion of European and international funds, as well as strengthening the internal expertise considering the specific of the projects in the Danube Region, in the multi and inter-disciplinary context.
Official Launching of the International Honorary Chair for the Implementation of EUSDR
We invite you to join the recent initiative of the "Integrated Development: Danube-Black Sea" Action Group to activate the International Honorary Chair for the Implementation of EUSDR, focused on the development of projects in the Danube Region, under the Presidency of H.E. Mr. Ambassador Liviu BOTA, as a a flexibile alternative training, promotion and lobby platform, which already co-operates with the Office of the National Coordinator for EUSDR, under the coordination of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the General Secretariat of the Council of Danube Cities and Regions (CODCR) and the Black Sea University Foundation, under the aegis of the Romanian Academy.
Sections of the event
Palace of the Parliament, 27-28 September 2012
The event will take place in the presence of the high representatives of the EU Presidency, Romanian Parliamenta and Government, Romanian Academy, as well as of other institutional partners, such as: European Academy Vienna (Austria), Aspen Institute - Romania, Steinbeis Foundation (Germany), Black Sea University Foundation, National Foundation of Young Leaders and other. The structure of the event:
- Official Launching Ceremony of the alternative training department of the International Honorary Chair for the Implementation of EUSDR for the academic year 2012-2013
- Empowering, Training and Lobby Session, lasting two days and dedicated to the stakeholder organisations/companies in the Danube Region and the Black Sea Basin
- Networking and Lobby Sessionwithin the Business Matching Point
- Establishing the National Network of Promoters, Facilitators and Experts for the Implementation of EUSDR in favour of the local/county authorities, regional development agencies, business environment, universities and NGOs.
BENEFITS for PARTICIPANTS
The participants to the Empowering, Training and Lobby Session will benefit of the following privileges:
- The affiliation to the newly-founded National Network (for a period of 6 months) and the recommendation of the most active and performing alumni to the institutional partners in order to be integrated within project teams
- Continuous and periodic free information (early warning) on the recent emerging opportunities in programs or projects related to EUSRD and the Black Sea basin, through personalized newsletters;
- General counseling for free (first stage) a of applicants among participants from public and private sector relating to the preliminary evaluation of bids, financing and operating mode appropriate to submit successful projects;
- Consultation and request of opinions / proposals in all phases of the activity of the EUSDR Consultative Council to which the Danube - Black Sea Action Group is participating, in order to provide the most conclusive feedback to the EUSDR National Coordinator, to the ministries responsible with the priority areas and to the General Secretariat of the Council of Danube Cities and Regions;
- Booking and preferential conditions of participation (low cost) to all training events of the Action Group;
- Listing the names and desired skills in English and Romanian languages on the website of the Action Group, inter-connected with the "EU Danube-Region" portal, leading website related to EU issues, created with the support of INTERACT - DG Regio - European Commission (Vienna);
- Preferential invitations for participation in consortia, groups and outstanding internal and external european events related to EUSDR projects in Romania and in the region.